Magical Prototype Lets You Play PS4 With Your Eyeballs
Envision never having to use a game controller while playing a video game. No, I'm not talking about the the newest gaming method of the virtually reality headset. The new and upcoming gaming procedure is used with the help of a persons eyes! Sony developers have introduced an impressive, and recently emerged eye tracking instrument that uses gaze established communication. This machine can be used with the new "Infamous: Second Son" PS4 game demo. This advanced technology allows the user's eyes to be scanned in order for them to load the settings of the game. Moving ones eyeball in numerous directions, the user is able to manage the camera angles in the game. This allows the person to be able to view the third-person world within the game design, as if they were using analog stick. Also, if your gaze focuses on one specific target in this digital realm, a person has the option of attacking with the characters electrical powers. The devices physical appearance (as seen in the picture above) is similar to that of the Xbox Kinect, but is a much thinner and yellow gadget that is perched in front of a monitor. The hardware of this device wasn't even created by Sony developers. The product itself was constructed by the Germany company SensoMotoric Instruments. Both contributors have worked together in perfecting this electronic component for a better gaming experience. Chris Kohler had a firsthand demonstration to how this contraption actually works. He states that he "eventually...forgot that [he] was using eye tracking at all...Focusing on things... [seemed] so immediate that it was as if [his] brain was controlling the camera."
This event, honestly, doesn't really relate to anything that I am learning in any of my classes. This topic truthfully pertains to activities outside of class. I, for one, enjoy playing video games outside of school associated activities. This leads this topic to be genuinely hard for me to link it to my anything I have learned in class.
This advancement in gaming technology is extraordinarily outstanding, and I am quite looking forward for this eye tracking machine to hit stores. Then again, I would have to obtain a PS4 if I wished to take a spin with the contraption. Even though the machine is not ready to be up for grabs, it would be marvelous if they actually did put in the console gaming world. It does seem that this apparatus will be quite pricey, since it is a new and upcoming innovation in the gaming community. However, if this were the case, I would most definitely save up just to try it out.
This development is a step further into the breakthrough of revolutionary ideas for multiple amounts of techniques in game play. Although on the other hand, this invention kind of takes away from the normal analog controller that I am use to. I am not quite sure if I would use it almost every time I play, maybe once or twice if possible, but then go straight back to the controller that I am use to. This technology is, in fact, sort of making it easier for the player in terms of involvement skills in a game. It would be effortless to just look at a target and fire, then using the basic console controller. Another downside is that It can only be used with monitors that are 28 inches in six. This, unfortunately, means it can't be used with a television. I own a Kinect, and I don't use it as often as I would like. This is why I envision myself using the eye tracking instrument once and be done with it, just like my Kinect.
I feel like this product will be introduced in the future, and will start to become a digital trend. With this effect, controllers will be a thing of the past. It is exciting to hear modernization happening with Sony, and any other electronic, game, and entertainment franchises. I don't think the making of this machine necessarily effects me, but it does fascinate me. Products such as these makes me look forward to using, or purchasing (if I had the money) cutting-edge technology. Yet again, as I have already mentioned, I think if a bought the eye tracking for PS4 I would still go back to my game controller. This is because I am most comfortable using one while when playing a video game.
Short Answer Response:
This event, honestly, doesn't really relate to anything that I am learning in any of my classes. This topic truthfully pertains to activities outside of class. I, for one, enjoy playing video games outside of school associated activities. This leads this topic to be genuinely hard for me to link it to my anything I have learned in class.
This advancement in gaming technology is extraordinarily outstanding, and I am quite looking forward for this eye tracking machine to hit stores. Then again, I would have to obtain a PS4 if I wished to take a spin with the contraption. Even though the machine is not ready to be up for grabs, it would be marvelous if they actually did put in the console gaming world. It does seem that this apparatus will be quite pricey, since it is a new and upcoming innovation in the gaming community. However, if this were the case, I would most definitely save up just to try it out.
This development is a step further into the breakthrough of revolutionary ideas for multiple amounts of techniques in game play. Although on the other hand, this invention kind of takes away from the normal analog controller that I am use to. I am not quite sure if I would use it almost every time I play, maybe once or twice if possible, but then go straight back to the controller that I am use to. This technology is, in fact, sort of making it easier for the player in terms of involvement skills in a game. It would be effortless to just look at a target and fire, then using the basic console controller. Another downside is that It can only be used with monitors that are 28 inches in six. This, unfortunately, means it can't be used with a television. I own a Kinect, and I don't use it as often as I would like. This is why I envision myself using the eye tracking instrument once and be done with it, just like my Kinect.
I feel like this product will be introduced in the future, and will start to become a digital trend. With this effect, controllers will be a thing of the past. It is exciting to hear modernization happening with Sony, and any other electronic, game, and entertainment franchises. I don't think the making of this machine necessarily effects me, but it does fascinate me. Products such as these makes me look forward to using, or purchasing (if I had the money) cutting-edge technology. Yet again, as I have already mentioned, I think if a bought the eye tracking for PS4 I would still go back to my game controller. This is because I am most comfortable using one while when playing a video game.
Short Answer Response:
- What is the author’s point of view, and how does it impact the overall effect of the text? Use evidence from the selection to support your answer.
The author uses a first person point of view in the article. This has a
significant effect on the overall text because it gives readers a firsthand account on the stability of the machine and what it is capable of. This can be shown in the passage when the authors claims that when using the eye tracking system it was "a little weird, but only for a few seconds. [He] soon realized that if [he] wanted to center something in the camera, all [he] had to do was keep my focus on it" (Kohler).
Citations-
Kholer , Chris . "Magical Prototype Lets You Play PS4 With Your Eyeballs." Wired.com. Conde Nast Digital, 25 Mar. 2014. Web. 30 Mar. 2014. <http://www.wired.com/2014/03/ps4-gaze-eyeball-tracking/>.
Hollister, Sean. "Eye Tracking Protocol." Photograph. TheVerge. Np, 25 Mar. 2014. Web. 30 Mar. 2014. <http://goo.gl/2WuGwZ>.

No comments:
Post a Comment